Full moon Ritual
As the full moon is upon us, it’s time to reflect and release those things that no longer serve us. Let go of what you no longer need in your life or any aspect of yourself that you may have outgrown. The moon, being the closest astronomical mass to Earth, has a profound effect on us. When the moon is full, it is at its high tide of power, amplifying energies. The moon traditionally represents the emotional, nurturing, creative and feminine aspect of our lives. When the energy is intense and as powerful as this, it enables you to take action, have you ever felt a pull or an urge leading up to the full moon? Many people feel this intensifying energy, it is a sign that you may need to release energies that no longer serve you, and you can do this by performing a Full moon ritual.
The full moon period is a great time to take action towards your new moon intentions you made two weeks prior and is a great opportunity for some self-reflection. The full moon can shed some light on what could be holding you back and what needs to be released that’s standing in your way .
A Full Moon ritual is a powerful way to invoke the intention of releasing and Letting go. You can purge yourself of any old identities, frame of mind, attitudes, behavior and situations. You may wish to take an inventory of thoughts and beliefs no longer serving you, clean out your possessions. Remember, you can release anything emotionally, physically, mentally or spiritually. Release any addictions such as food or drama, emotional vampires, unhappiness in your job , relinquishing suffering involved in hurtful relationships.
You can also seek guidance from your spirit guides or angels to help highlight what is ready to be shed from your life. Tools to help you connect with your guides include oracle cards, journaling and automatic writing, or mediation. Trust the guidance that comes to you, your gut instincts are usually right.
Write down all the things you wish to release and give thanks for what it’s already served. After writing them down you can visualise them being released and healed, do this by performing your ritual sitting under the moon or at a window with the moon shining down.
What you need
Pen, paper, lighter, candle, small bowls (if you intend on burning your notes) , water, sage and other personal objects such as crystals.
- Create a sacred space. Find a quiet, clutter free place to sit, place crystals or other special tokens around you.
- Clear your energy. Burn sage and clear your energy space, or you can imagine standing under a silver or bright white waterfall of pure light and allow all negative and lower energies to be cleared away.
- Light the candle, Take a few deep breaths, center yourself and then begin to write on the piece of paper what you wish to release from your life
- When you have finished your list, sign and date the page.
- Go into your heart space/chakra and declare “I now let this go. I ask you angels to please take this list for healing and transmutation, and I thank you, Amen.” Then place the piece of paper over the candle allowing the flame to light your page, you then place it in the bowl and watch as the flames consume and release your request to the universe for healing.
- Use your intuition to guide you. You may just want to sit under the moon and read your list aloud, or with a lit candle and not burn your page. You may want to meditate on what to let go of. Just the intention of releasing and letting go can work.
Just remember… our words have power. Saying – “Be Gone” audibly and loudly can be very freeing. Thank the spirits and angels. Be safe and don’t forget to have some fun.
Written by Andy Jackman x