I bet you have heard before the saying, ” have you found your tribe yet” well in this crazy, hectic, social media filled world its hard not to want to be part of something bigger than yourself. These days there is more spiritual “tribes” and religions around that its hard to figure out what one do you feel more comfortable and connect with.
Spirituality has so many definitions and meaning to each person that one is not more important than the other, so how can you incorporate your curiosity, creativity and gain wisdom in your life? Here is a guide to increasing awareness and strengthening your relationship with yourself and the wonderful world around you.
- There is not right or wrong way to express yourself.
- Find someone who is in line with your values and that you admire. Let them guide you. Who inspires you? Who drives and motivates you to change and grow for the better? It can be someone of this time or a previous life!
- Use the Moon as a guide. Yes our ancestors before us have been using the Moon as a guide, for rituals, agriculture, manifesting and healing. The Moon controls the tides and water on earth so what makes you think it can’t rule our emotional? our body is made up of 70% water, Use the Moon phases as a guide to helping you through the month, New Moons are for manifesting, Full Moons area time for releasing that which no longer serves a purpose in our life – people, emotions, habits.
- Smudging. Burn some white sage to cleanse your home, office, anything that occupies your personal space. Sage is traditionally been used for healing, cleansing AND PURIFYING and medicinal purposes. Smudging is a great way of dispelling any bad left of energy and negative influences. it’s believed the left over smoke detox and purifies a room,home, object and person.. give it a try!
- Use your intuition instead of your logic. Ever get that ” Gut feeling” when you knew that knot in the pit of your stomach was telling you something than your brain was registering was right.. ” I just had that feeling, The bad feeling wouldn’t ease up, we have an internal compass that guides us, that feeling is the balance between the head and the heart.. start listening you will be surprised on how well it guides you.
- Start off small. If it all seems to much to begin with and nothing seems to resonate with you, take small steps at a time. New belief systems and practices can be overwhelming so take it back a step and do what feels right for you.
- Gratitude. Practicing gratitude is essential key element to a happy life. If you want to read about gratitude and the power it holds read my article here. The power of gratitude
- Complain less! There is no point wasting your time, energy and emotions on situations and circumstances you can’t change.
- Don’t think about the value of money! Stressing about money causes you to attract a negative frequency and it can weigh you down. Simplify your life, do what your heart tells you to do. You can afford a happy, fulfilling life, what brings joy to your life? rather than determining whether it will be cost-effective just do it, don’t deny yourself the pleasures of life because of some monetary detail, don’t base your happiness on a discount. If we focus on the lack in our life, or a price tag you create a barrier of resistance. Don’t make money the guiding principle for what you have or do or your soul happiness, free yourself from placing a price on everything you do and have, try to see the value on everything and not the dollar price after all the world of spirit does not have a dollar price on the actual value of something.
Just remember every moment of your life is an opportunity to start fresh, no one wins or looses as a person and you can always dance to the beat of your own drum.Take every sweet unexpected moment as blessing and enjoy life.
Andy Jackman xx
One thought on “How to be spiritual in the modern world”
Reblogged this on Still Another Writer's Blog.