“Open your Solar Plexus Chakra and embrace your core self!” One way of healing and balancing your solar plexus is by your daily diet.
Get in touch with your hunger gauge:
Often, we lose sight of our innate sense of physical hunger and responding to our bodies’ physical cues to eat. Often we can confuse what drives us to eat, like emotional hunger with actual hunger. At times we may under or over eat or forget to eat at all without even realizing it. Be reconnecting with yourself and your internal power of the Solar plexus you can tap into the internal rhythm to eat, and eating regularly. So before stuffing into that delicious burrito at mid morning snack rate your hunger, write a food journal she how full you feel after each meal you have, look for patterns in your diet, document what types of food you have and how long they sustain your energy for. If you find yourself “stuffed” after a meal, you may have inundated your solar plexus and not to mention your digestive system and can place an additional burden on it to process. Aim for about 80% fullness, and if you can try some light exercise to help get the blood flow moving along with your solar plexus.
Schedule regular eating times:
You may want to start by first creating a regular eating schedule. Some people benefit from 3 square meals a day and some people from 4-6 small meals a day, scheduling regular eating times helps retrain yourself to get in touch with your eating patterns. having 3 big meals ( 300 – 450 calories ) with 2 small snacks ( 100 – 150 calories) helps us to maintain our blood sugar, and therefore, gives more energy. this said it depends on your nutritional needs, weather you are active, wanting to loose weight or gain it, 6 foot tall or require special diet requirements, seek a profession for advice when calculating how many calories you need,and never drop below basil metabolic rate.Feeding yourself more regularly will ensure that you have the fuel you need to keep going without succumbing to cravings or dips in energy.
The three lower chakras connect to the energy of the trio of macronutrients , with the solar plexus resonating with carbohydrates, the sacral chakra flows with fats and the root chakra anchoring proteins. The key to balancing this chakra is with the right amount and right carbohydrates, such as wholegrain breads, brown rice and pasta. See whole grain foods rather than processed foods have not been stripped of essential nutrients our body needs they also have a lower GI and don’t spike our blood glucose levels , giving us a high than a crashing feeling after we eat. Whilst choosing the right carbohydrate, the fiber content of the product is very important marker of how much sustained energy the product will provide, If a food is high in fiber, you will receive adequate amounts of energy over time and if it is to low in fiber and high in simple sugars, your energy will be erratic , as i mentioned before your energy will initially be very high but then it will plummet. So remember if you eat too little carbohydrates we do not equip the solar plexus with the energy it needs to have momentum and direction and if we have to many carbs we bombard and tax our solar plexus .
Yellow coloured Foods:
To achieve and maintain a A healthy, high vibrational solar plexus, this chakra vibrates at a frequency similar to the colour yellow. Therefore, yellow foods provide the vibrational rate needed to help balance this chakra. Examples include lemons, yellow bell pepper and fresh corn . Bananas, sunflower seeds, pumpkin, dairy such as cheese and yogurt, turmeric, cumin, bread, pasta ( wholegrain of course) , flax and ginger.
Tips to remember –
- Get in touch with hunger. Most people don’t really know what hunger feels like
- Rate your hunger before and after eating to tap into how well you are maintaining your fuel reserves.
- Know when to start and stop eating.
- Don’t stuff yourself. You know that saying ‘full as a goog’? You do not want to be that
- Know which foods give you energy and also know which foods drain your energy away
- Eat regularly according to your body’s needs, NOT the clock on the wall.
- Aim for about 80% fullness
- The goal for a healthy solar plexus chakra is to eat foods that are balanced so that you can be balanced – for example, fruits, nuts, whole grains, legumes, and vegetables.
- Yellow foods usually contain relatively high levels of plant compounds antioxidants like lutein which protects cells against an attack from the effects of too much energy in the body and overactive metabolism.
- Include in your diet yellow coloured foods such as – Lemons, yellow capsicum, fresh corn ,Bananas, mints- peppermint spearmint , sunflower seeds, pumpkin, dairy such as cheese and yogurt, turmeric, cumin, bread, pasta ( wholegrain of course) , flax and ginger.
If you missed out or want to read up about the Solar Plexus chakra click here
Written by Andy Jackman
Read below for a simple home made recipe for roast vegetable that helps detox and boost your solar plexus.
you will need ~
2 sweet potato’s
1 pumpkin of your choice
2 – 4 carrots
3 big dashes of olive oil
Rosemary ( to taste)
Oregano ( to taste )
Himalayan salt ( to taste)
large baking pan
Preheat oven to 200o celicas
Roughly chop veggies approximately the same size, spread evenly onto a greased baking tray. Lightly drizzle olive oil to coat veggies, sprinkle rosemary,. oregano and salt to your taste. Bake veggies for 40 minutes, take tray carefully out of the oven flip veggies over , reseason if required and place back inot the oven until they are golden brown and cook to your liking, me well i love them crispy!!
Love Andy X