How to create a New Moon Ritual
At each new moon , we can plant seeds for what we want to grow over the next 30 days. It can be literal “seeds” in terms of initiating new activities , meetings , joining a gym, organising importing events or enrolling in a course . Or it can be symbolic ” seeds” , be creating rituals that help to ground our intentions. Through rituals we bring alive the magic forces that help create our intentions and heart desires.
Every New moon that comes around I use it as a checkpoint for my life, an opportunity to think of my hearts desires and as a self-examination of what I want to change and improve within, and around myself. Its like I get to re write a self “to do list”, it’s a mental, emotional and spiritual clean slate.
So new moons are all about
- New beginnings
- New Adventures
- New Endeavor
- New relationships
- Positive changes
- Optimism Hope and Faith
The New Moon is the perfect time to manifest what you wish to have in your life. It is a wonderful time to introduce new beginnings, projects and desires you wish for.
Setting your New Moon Intentions in Motion
I always begin by setting aside some time by myself at night, as its best done closer to when the moon’s power is full force. Don’t stress if this is not an option… you can also do this in the morning, take yourself on a coffee date before work (I swear its written in a scared journal that this ritual is best done with the magic power of a coffee and melting moment cookie and if not I think it’s a new tradition that ill be passing on to anyone that will believe me).
Supplies you Need:
- Pen and coloured felt tip pens (For doodling and drawing magic unicorns and your new dream swim wear)
- Your imagination
Optional supplies (That you would find at my New moon ritual)
- Yummy scented Candle or incense burner, with lavender or peppermint to awaken the third eye and crown chakra,
- Meditation music or relaxing sounds to help block out outside noise and help you unwind and refocus your energy to the task at hand. Or if silence or rock music is what helps you focus, than by all means I have created some very amazing wishes and intentions with Led Zeppelin playing in the background
- Hot chocolate for brain fuel (Because the brain can not store energy, it needs a continuous supply of fuel. As our brains consume 60 percent, or about 450 calories each day of the sugar coursing through our bloodstreams, that’s a justifiable couple of hot chocolates and a candy bar worth of energy)
Traditional ritual Supplies for the old school folks:
- smudge sticks (Cleanse your sacred area with an opening prayer, a sage smudging)
- meditation music
- Crystal grid and/or alter with objects you find sacred or embody physically the goals you would like to achieve.
Here we go….
- Light one or more candles, maybe create a crystal grid and/or alter with objects you find sacred, or embody physically the goals you would like to achieve like a picture of your camera to help you master photography, a clip of a place you want to visit, a picture of the body you want to achieve ( through the intention of ercercise and diet trudst me there isnt a magic sure for weightloss).
- Center your being and calm yourself in whatever way is appropriate for you. Take some deep cleansing breaths, turn on your meditation music to listen to, and/or leisurely sip on a cup of relaxing hot chocolate or herbal tea.
- Relax, take it slow and let the wish and intentions flow
- write in detail on what you would like to manifest ( it makes it easier to feel like you already have this when you can see it unfolding in your head in detail.)
- Once you have finished writing your list, i what you want to manifest in your life remember that its very important to feel like these items are already yours, feel the emotion behind having them.. Happiness , joy, gratitude, motivated, empowerment, hope and love.
- It is essential that you keep your thoughts positive as this rises your vibrations. The universe responds to your vibrations like a magnet so happy, pleasant positive emotions carry high vibrations, so the universe will respond by giving you high vibrations gifts in return. Say if you want to attract wealth ,you think positive thoughts about money ( even if you don’t have much) and you focus on what you have not on what you don’t have. Same if you constantly give off low vibrations such as anger, impatience, worry, insecurity, blame and any other negative thinking you will attract situations and people that reflect those vibrations, for example when something doesn’t work out and get mad and state ” nothing good every happens to me, or im always the one who gets picked last, no one cares about me, im always get walked over by people, i hate the world” Emotional statements these (especially when you are mad, because you have so much powerful emotion behind saying them) tells the universe thats what yo want and that what you expect so it matches your vibrations. Understand?
- Now this part is important, once you have set your new moon intentions and read over them, you must not over think or stress how they will come to you, no demanding ” why haven’t’ i got my new bike yet”, you need to trust the universe divine timing , if its meant to be it will be, and if you don’t get what you wished for, maybe it was not the right time for you to have it, I know it took me a few months of wishing for a new bike before one day i got to work and my boss had this cute white bicycle sitting in my office , he said he just bought it for his wife and she went for one rife on it and didn’t like cycling and he thought the bike suited me and how much i would enjoy cycling to work instead of waling each day….
- When you do get to experience that magical feeling of crossing off an item off your list don’ forget to thank the universe for bringing it to you, after all the power of gratitude excels your power of manifestation
By Andy Jackman x
It should be noted, to keep in mind that our words and thoughts are vibrations, wether our words or thoughts are created subconsciously in positive or negative manor, so any intentions imagined, stated or written down carry power. So take care to really manifest exactly what you would like, by feeling that vibration. The saying “Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.” rings true here. And remember.. you are not to manifest anything regarding the free will of another person. So you can’t ask the universe to bring you a certain person, as the another person is involved has their own intentions you cannot control what he/she will do, and you cannot ask the universe to force someone to feel or act a certain way about you. So no trying to ask the universe to make Zac Effron to fall madly in love with you…. SIGH
13 thoughts on “ How to create a New Moon ritual”